GrimmSpeed Phenolic Thermal Spacer 8mm Subaru Impreza 1993-1999 1.8L/2.2L
Do you know what your intake manifold sits on?...a superheated boxer engine. If you don't know already, the cooler your intake air is the more HP your car will achieve.GrimmSpeed has presented you the answer to this age old problem, raising the intake manifold off the engine with their new real Phenolic Intake Manifold/TGV to Engine Thermal Spacer.
Phenolic spacers have been used for years by many other specialized automotive companies, but this is very new technology to the Subaru world.
What it does:
* Greatly reduces the transfer of heat from engine to intake manifold thus reducing heat soak.
* One of a kind true Phenolic material, not cutting board material like others.
* The cooler your intake temperature is the denser the air is which leads to more power
* For every 5 degree reduction in temperature, increases power by 1%.
* The cooler and denser the intake air that the engine sucks in, increases the amount of air that can be mixed with fuel thus increasing efficiency.
* Direct bolt-on.
* When running the oem gasket only, your intake manifold gets very hot to the touch, enough to burn your hand. When the oem gasket is replaced with GrimmSpeed's Phenolic Spacer, your hand can be placed on the intake manifold without any issues.
* GrimmSpeed has installed both with and without OEM Subaru Gaskets and have had no issues with either way.They do recommend using 2 sets of oem gaskets however, one on both sides of the spacer.
* USA made
1 Pair Phenolic Thermal Spacers
8 Longer bolts with washers
When installing on the Impreza Phase 1 you will have to cut your EGR tube in half and insert a heater hose between the halves of the EGR tube to extend it.
*Pictures used for marketing purposes only, actual product may vary
Returns may be accepted within 14 days of purchase pending Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA). No returns or cancellations on special order items. All returns will be charged a 20% restocking fee, no exceptions.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging. Item must be able to be resold as new. Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Hazardous materials, fluids, greases, chemicals, and clothing are not able to return.
Free shipping is available within the lower 48 states for most orders totaling $199 or more. A free shipping option will be available during checkout. This offer is for delivery address in the continental United States and excludes shipments going to Alaska, Hawaii, Military Boxes, and items that require freight shipping.
Patterson Performance stocks a large quantity of items at any given time. Some items may require drop shipping from one of our various distributors. In stock items will ship within 1-2 business days. If you're needing your product quickly, please contact us to verify product availability before placing your order. Orders requiring additional verification (security concerns, incorrect information, etc.) may need additional processing time. Estimated shipping dates are not guaranteed and are subject to change based on inventory levels and manufacturer lead times. Backordered items are shipped immediately once available.
Items ship daily, If the item you ordered is not in stock, a member of our team will contact you via email / phone.
Patterson Performance will only ship to an address that varies from your billing address if payment is made via Paypal or a financing partner.
Patterson Performance ships from multiple warehouses throughout the United States, and sometimes from manufacturers overseas.
You can simply contact us via email / telephone for a live inventory check
Find more information at www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.